My Made From Scratch Life

Food for a crowd, all made from scratch daily.

Latest Posts

Crayon box quilt in progress

By 11:56 PM ,

Having 2 children and no dedicated sewing space has greatly increased my need to plan and prep and attack methodicly. It took almost a month of cutting when I could find the time to get enought pieces for a twin and queen sized Crayon Box Quilt.  I am using the instructions from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. My personal modifications are no sashings or borders. My husband is pushing for reversible! So we will see. This is a very scrappy and fun pattern. 


My daughter loves all the things, so every center square is different. For a twin I am making 54 12 inch blocks, 7x9, with no fabric repeats in the same block.


So far I have been able to sew as much as can be sewn before pressing seams, and have started adding to my foundations. Big sis is excited for her new blanket! She is wanting a pink blanket, so the back will probably be a pink Crafty Chloe print I have enough yardage of. I have a million ideas on how to quilt it rolling in my head, as well as ideas for a few baby quilts I want to make for sweet babies yet to be born to my friends. For this and other photographic evidence, follow up on instagram! @tim.codi.gauci

You Might Also Like

0 comments